Vintage bikes at the Otis Chandler Museum
On 21 October 2006, the collection was auctioned off by Gooding Company. The auction fetched over $36 million, and set a record for a single day automotive auction.
What a neat Museum, it used to be open once a month before it was auctioned off. Besides lots of vintage Harleys there are
sections for European bikes, and also those 'other bikes' too!
list of pics;
1911 HD Model 7D
1942 HD XA Army WW2
See Antoine's restored 1942 HD XA Army WW2
19xx HD Hill Climber
1929 Indian 401
4 wheel delivery + 2 passengers
|Ventura Chapter of H.O.G.||HOG RIDE rentals in LA|
|Cruise America rentals in LA||Hogley Parts & Accessories|
|SF Bay Area Harley rentals||EagleRider rentals in LA|
|Island Riders Hawaii Harley rentals||Direct Parts, Inc.|
|Sturgis HomePage||lilgun, another Harley lover|
|Kevin's FLH 1978||Harley Mom's Page|
Harleys for sale
1. The one true american-made motorcycle is the Harley-davidson, and thou shalt put no other motorcycles before it.
2. Thou shalt not bow down and worship nor serve the god of chrome; for, lo, he is a false god and will not get thy butt home.
3. Honor thy authorized dealer and thy hog chapter officers, that thy days may be long and fruitful in the land of Harley.
4. Remember the weekend, and keep it open. for it is written, five days shalt thou labor, and for two days shalt thou ride thy Harley, drink beer, and fuck off.
5. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Harley, nor her manservant, nor her maidservant, nor her ox, nor her cute little ass.
6. From the throne of thine Harley, thou shalt not stoop to wave at sinners who ride jap-crap, for jap-crap is known to be the handiwork of the devil.
7. Thou shalt not pass by nor turn away from thy brother Harley rider who is in mechanical distress.
8. Thou shalt not pose. verily, i say unto you, it is easier for a poser to pass his gold visa card through the eye of a needle than to enter into the true fellowship of Harley-davidson heaven.
9. When riding thy Harley on the road of life, thou shalt not whine nor snivel, and thou shalt not suffer to ride alongside those who do.
10. Park not thy Harley in the darkness of thine garage, that it may collect dust for want of being oft ridden, ride thy Harley with thy brethren, and rejoice in the spirit of the road.